Cyber Security Analyst
Requisition Number: NAVAIR-1516-California, MD
Title: Cyber Security Analyst
This position affords the qualified applicant the opportunity to optimize a professional services organization by bringing your operational expertise and experience to a small Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) that is embracing the importance of cyber security for DoD/ Federal/Commercial organizations. The candidate will provide Information Assurance (IA) and Cyber Security (CS) support for DoD programs and work with clients to develop and manage a secure computing environment. Conduct security vulnerability assessments on network infrastructure and systems in support of DoD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP) and Risk Management Framework (RMF) activities. Apply knowledge of the systems or enclave functions and their technical CS safeguards and operational CS measures. Ensure all users have the requisite security clearances and supervisory need-to-know authorizations and that users are aware of their cyber security responsibilities before being granted access to DoD information systems. Ensure a contingency plan is in place and is maintained, implement and enforce all relevant cyber security policies and procedures, as defined by system security certification and accreditation documentation, ensure all designated machines have appropriate patches and IAVAs necessary, and check machines randomly to ensure they meet the necessary standards. Develop and maintain C&A and IA-related documentation in support of DIACAP/RMF.
- Direct Information Assurance/Cybersecurity requirements (from DIACAP to the new RMF) and direct work experience with deploying IA security controls for DoD projects and systems
- Knowledge of Hadoop, RMF, and/or DOD 8570; Linux experience a plus
- CISSP, Security +, MCSE, CEH, or other similar certifications
- Secret Clearance, Top Secret preferred
- Ability to obtain base access
- Direct knowledge NAVAIR markets is a plus
- Working familiarity with Risk Management Framework; able to translate requirements to business and customer environment; also, able to consult regarding time-saving measures and proper deployment of program assets to comply with RMF.
- Bachelors degree in Information Technology or related field with 5-8+ years operational or analytic experience in technical/business environment and specifically related to Information Assurance/Cybersecurity
- YES - Secret Clearance; (Top Secret SCI preferred)