Cyber Security Director
Requisition Number: NAVAIR-1515-California, MD
Title: Cyber Security Director
This position affords the qualified applicant the opportunity to optimize a professional services organization by bringing your operational expertise and experience to a small Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) that is embracing the importance of cyber security for DoD/ Federal/Commercial organizations. You will be responsible for business and staff development, technology assessments, and proposal development. Reporting to the COO/Vice President, you will drive the company's cyber security strategy and lead operational execution to achieve related business metrics.
- In concert with KAIROS Leadership Team, drive and develop operational and financial growth initiatives and targets, methodology and tool development, and process improvements.
- Provide strategic leadership on resource and staff deployment, market and customer support strategies, growth opportunities, and corporate training initiatives linked to cybersecurity.
- Develop, derive, or procure required tools to ensure success of task oriented staff.
- Develop cross-functional connections across the business through standardized processes & communications.
- Define and drive overall customer satisfaction indicators and levels through action plans from survey or actual customer feedback.
- Collaborate and design the cross-functional cyber opportunities.
This position requires the candidate to have extensive cyber security capabilities experience with the Information Assurance (IA) Risk Management Framework (RMF). Ability to develop and conduct Certification & Accreditation (C&A) and Life Cycle Management documentation of systems and/or networks, development and maintenance of necessary C&A documents for achieving either PIT Risk Approvals (PRA) or Authority To Operate (ATO) packages. Ability to provide coordination, tracking, and management through all aspects of the C&A process for the customer, bringing of Systems into compliance with applicable laws, orders, directives, and instructions. Ensure and maintain IAVA and STIG compliance and review all change requirements of the systems. Perform assessments of new technologies being implemented at the various stages of the Systems Engineering Lifecycle. Evaluate and review proposed architectures, and designs within the current and future system design. Determine how to correctly remediate, and mitigate system vulnerabilities. Translate IA requirements, both design and certification, into system design requirements. Develop architectures and system design implementations that achieve system, programmatic and operational requirements. Document traceability of design elements to requirements. Develop test strategies, test plans & procedures, and define test set ups for verification and validation. Assist customers in navigation of the RMF within their organizational processes to achieve programmatic requirements.
- Direct military/DoD experience with Information Assurance/Cybersecurity requirements (from DIITSCAP to DIACAP to the new RMF) and direct work experience with deploying IA security controls for DoD projects and systems.
- CISSP, Security +, MCSE, CEH or other similar certifications
- Top Secret Clearance (SCI eligible)
- Ability to obtain base access
- Direct knowledge of and work in the NAWCAD and NAVAIR markets is a plus
- Operational Security/RMF Instructor status is a plus
- Experience leading cyber security teams in military, DoD, Federal, and/or commercial markets.
- Working familiarity with Risk Management Framework; able to translate requirements to business and customer environment; also, able to consult regarding time-saving measures and proper deployment of program assets to comply with RMF.
- Experience with developing market development plans and leading cross functional teams to achieve business goals.
- Master's degree in Information Technology or related field with 10-15+ years operational or analytic experience in technical/business environment and specifically related to Information Assurance/Cybersecurity
- YES - Top Secret Clearance (SCI preferred)