Information System Security Engineer
Requisition Number: NAVAIR-1518-Pax River, MD
Title: Information System Secuirty Engineer
KAIROS, Inc is seeking an experienced, highly motivated Information System Security Engineer (ISSE) with Program Protection and Anti-Tamper experience supporting the United States Navy at Patuxent River NAS in Lexington Park, MD. The candidate will serve as an ISSE and must be able to provide Program Protection, Anti-Tamper, and Supply Chain Risk Management support for Air Traffic Control (ATC) systems, e.g., Joint Precision Approach and Landing Systems (JPALS). Duties include:
- Oversee all steps necessary to complete the Program Protection Plan (PPP).
- Assist with identifying and analyzing Critical Program Information (CPI) and mission critical functions, along with their applicable threats, vulnerabilities and countermeasures.
- Server as the Program's Anti-Tamper (AT) expert and oversee all areas related to the research, design, development, implementation, and testing of AT measures.
- Provide oversight of the Security Classification Guide (SCG) and ensuring the Program's supply chain is safeguarded.
- May be assigned as primary action officer requiring good communications, negotiation, coordination and facilitation skills.
- Will also work closely with the Information System Security Manager (ISSM) to ensure compliance with Federal and DoD regulations, and Cybersecurity best practices.
- Work well in a team-oriented environment, and can self-manage their tasks to ensure success.
- 5+ yrs. experience working in a DOD environment (Contractor/Civilian/Military), preferably Navy.
- 3+ yrs. experience directly related to Program Protection Plans (PPPs) and Anti-Tamper (AT).
- Working knowledge of DoDI 5000.02, DoDI 5200.39, and other relevant PPP/AT guidance.
- Good understanding of DoD Cybersecurity best practices.
- Must be at least an Information Assurance Technical (IAT)/Information Assurance Manager (IAM) II in accordance with the Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program, DoD 8570.1-M. (e.g., possess a Security + CE cert or higher).
- Minimum active SECRET security clearance required.
- Experience with ATC systems a plus.
- Good oral and written communications skills. Good interpersonal communications skills.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint experience.
- Active SSBI or Top Secret clearance.