Requisition Number: NAVAIR-1507-St. Inigoes, MD
Title: Acquisition Specialist
Description: Supports and drafts program milestone related documentation to ensure compliance with all aspects of the DoD and SECNAV 5000 series directives. Supports the development of program acquisition documentation such as Acquisition Plans (AP), Acquisition Strategy Reports (ASR), Procurement Initiation Document (PID), Statement of Work (SOW), funding documents, contract awards, agreements, and Acquisition Program Baseline Agreements (APBA). Assess program procedures, practices, philosophies, and documentation for compliance with specifications, contracts, and mission requirements. Attends, participates, supports, analyzes, provides input, develops, prepares and reports on briefs, point papers, reports, correspondence, meetings, conferences, and review boards. Utilizes business and technical methodologies to provide support of hardware, software and service acquisition and life cycle management for pre-award and post-award procurements and contract awards. Participates in meetings and supports specified Program Integrated Product Teams (IPTs).
- At least six (6) years of experience related to systems acquisition, including logistics, research and development, configuration management or systems analysis/design.
- Demonstrated knowledge in one or more of the following areas: program management, systems engineering, system acquisition, financial management, test and evaluation or integrated logistics support.
- Demonstrated knowledge, and/or familiarity with the DoD and SECNAV 5000 acquisition series, Federal and DoD acquisition regulations and PPBE process.
- Demonstrated knowledge in one or more of the following areas: system acquisition, acquisition documentation, configuration management, risk analysis and Government furnished equipment (GFE) or Government furnished information (GFI.)
- BS or BA degree in a Business, Management or another business-related discipline.